Humanitarian Response Architecture
Humanitarian Architecture Tools and Resources
Sites and Resources
- Emergency Disaster Database - Contains essential data on all disaster events occurring in the world from 1900 to present, with country and disaster profiles.
- Humanitarian Aid department of the European Commission (ECHO)
- International Crisis Group - An NGO working to prevent and resolve conflict, its website has comprehensive information about current conflicts around the world.
- IRIN – Integrated Regional Information Networks - Useful country profiles for sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia with daily and weekly news updates and much more vital information.
- MapAction - Provides accurate, up-to-date maps showing the location of groups of affected people, passable routes, which medical facilities are functioning.
- USAID Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA)
- UK Foreign Commonwealth Development Office
- ReliefWeb - Main United Nations humanitarian coordination website, with daily news about complex emergencies and humanitarian relief programmes worldwide. Most major aid agencies post reports here during an ongoing emergency.
- Logistics Cluster
- Logistics Capacity Assessments
- IASC Transformative Agenda
- IASC – Guidance note on using the cluster approach to strengthen humanitarian response (2006)
- IASC – Reference Module for Cluster Coordination at the Country Level (2015) (English, French, Spanish)
- United Nations DMTP (1997) Disaster Management Ethics
- ICRC (2004) What is humanitarian law?
- United Nations Integrated Mission Planning Process (IMPP) guidelines
- UN Development Group
- NGO Branch - UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs