CMCoord is a framework that enhances a broad understanding of humanitarian action and guides political and military actors on how best to support that action. It assists in developing context-specific guidance based on internationally agreed guidelines, it establishes humanitarian civil-military coordination structures, and ensures that ensures that CMCoord Officers and Focal Points focal points are trained to make that coordination work. The CMCoord Officer can also function as an auxiliary to humanitarian access, protection and security, and facilitate these workstreams as needed. This applies to complex emergencies and natural disasters.
- Alertnet - Reuters service for aid agencies, including latest humanitarian news.
- BBC News - Full profiles provide an instant guide to history, politics and economic background of countries and territories, and background on key institutions.
- Emergency Disaster Database - Contains essential data on all disaster events occurring in the world from 1900 to present, with country and disaster profiles.
- Humanitarian Aid department of the European Commission (ECHO)
- International Crisis Group - An NGO working to prevent and resolve conflict, its website has comprehensive information about current conflicts around the world.
- IRIN – Integrated Regional Information Networks - Useful country profiles for sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia with daily and weekly news updates and much more vital information.
- Logistics Cluster
- MapAction - Provides accurate, up-to-date maps showing the location of groups of affected people, passable routes, which medical facilities are functioning.
- USAID Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA)
- UK Foreign Commonwealth Development OfficeOne World Country Guides - Over 50 useful country guides.
- ReliefWeb - Main United Nations humanitarian coordination website, with daily news about complex emergencies and humanitarian relief programmes worldwide. Most major aid agencies post reports here during an ongoing emergency.