- Make sure that the generator circuit breaker is open (if the generator does not have a circuit breaker: make sure that the installation main breaker is open).
- Check the oil level.
- Check the fuel level.
- Check the water level (for water-cooled generators only).
- Make sure that there is no leakage (no oil or fuel under the generator).
- Start the generator.
- Wait 2 minutes.
- Close the circuit to the main circuit of the office or compound.
- Record time of start on the associated log booklogbook.
Standard stopping procedure:
- Warn users that the power will be cut.
- Open the generator circuit breaker (if the generator does not have a circuit breaker: open the installation main breaker).
- Wait 2 minutes and.
- Stop the generator.
- Record time of stoppage on the associated log booklogbook.
- Refuel if necessary.
Care & Maintenance
To size a battery system, the following will be need to be determined:
- The maximum power the inverter has to be able to deliver to the installation.
- The amount of energy that must be stored in the battery to cover your needs.
- In some case, the power the charger can deliver to the batteries.