Terms of Reference
Assistant Supply Officer
- Assists in the implementation of the supply component of the Country Programme or emergency response, including a system for the procurement and distribution of supplies to all project sites.
- Interacts with the Programme Section in the preparation of appropriate documents: Supply requests, Supply List, and purchase orders, etc.; according to procurement specifications and supply procedures.
- Assists the Operations/Programme Officer with logistics planning, and arrangements facilitating efficient clearance, storage and distribution of supplies and equipment to end-users from ports of entry and warehouses.
- Undertakes local procurements, as required. When required, maintains contact with customs and immigration officials, follows up on preliminary supply clearance documentations to facilitate timely customs clearance of supplies and equipment, in keeping with established protocol.
- Undertakes field visits to project sites and sub-offices to inventory and monitor supply inputs. Proposes corrective actions to improve logistical procedures. Prepares trip reports for the head-of-office.
- Identifies training needs and develops training activities in supply management for Organization’s staff/consultants and counterparts, designed to improve supply delivery.