- Participates in Country Programme and emergency response strategy planning preview and review meetings to advise on supply requirements. Assists in developing the supply component of the Country Programme and emergency response, including systems for the procurement and distribution of supplies to all project sites.
- Responsible for Supply Planning through coordination with the Programme Section. Provides technical advice on procurement specifications and supply administration. When required, develops plans for emergency supply assistance, in accordance with ORGANISATION Emergency Policies and Guidelines.
- Develops and implements logistics planning through coordination with Operations/Programme sections, provides technical advice/supervises logistics arrangements, facilitating efficient clearance, storage and distribution of supplies and equipment to end-users from ports of entry and warehouses.
- Maintains contact with the central Supply Division, on supply policies. Interprets and advises the country office and Government on policies and procedures, impacting on international/local procurement and delivery and utilization of ORGANISATION supplies and equipment. Maintains appropriate links with the central supply office on trans-national shipments and delivery.
- Conducts market research, identifies and recommends potential local suppliers. Maintains commodity files and evaluates local supply sources' overall performance, (competitive pricing, product quality and timely delivery). Assesses supply administration and control mechanisms, and advises on appropriate actions.
- Supervises the Supply Section staff, in preparation and for implementation of the section's workplan.
- Reviews and supervises the preparation of appropriate documentations:
- Undertakes local procurement, as required. Issues invitations to bid. Acts as the secretary and advisor to the central tender committee. Maintains contact with customs and immigration officials, initiates preliminary supply clearance documentations to facilitate timely customs clearance of supplies and equipment, in keeping with established protocol.
- Advises the central supply office on quality deficiencies and on the appropriateness of goods, as well as on claims issues arising from shipments and handles local procurement claims.
- Undertakes field visits to project sites and sub-offices to inventory and monitor supply inputs. Proposes corrective actions to improve logistical procedures. Prepares trip reports for the head-of-office.
- Identifies training needs and develops training activities in supply management for ORGANISATION's staff/consultants and counterparts, designed to improve supply delivery.
- Maintains a supply monitoring system, participates in preparation of supply status reports required for donor reports, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, appeals, etc.