Terms of Reference
- Assists in the implementation of the supply component of the Country Programme or emergency response, including a system for the procurement and distribution of supplies to all project sites.
- Assess all entry points
- Familiarise with to all major border crossing points.
- Meet with Agencies and Local authorities to gain an understanding of local Customs policies and their application.
- Obtain or document the “application of customs procedures”. Identify shortcomings and bottlenecks.
- Analyze customs procedures of the affected country and countries bordering the crisis area.
- Keep the organisation informed on standard customs procedures
- If required, negotiate facilitation measures with national or local authorities.
- Meet with the Central Customs authorities in the affected country to review existing customs regulations, if need be in emergencies
- Advise the organisation on main customs issues affecting operations.
- Elaborate and record the customs procedure(s) as implemented in the affected country.
- Maintain a paper trail for future reference